Hotel Chocolat’s Your Eggsellency Extra Thick Easter egg, two thick egg halves one dark chocolate half and one milk chocolate half, filled with a selection of boozy chocolate truffles.
I love milk chocolate and dark chocolate, not just one or the other and so do a lot of people. You can always get a milk chocolate Easter egg or a dark chocolate Easter egg – it’s not that often that you can treat yourself, oops I mean buy someone else, a half dark and half milk chocolate Easter egg. So this is quite a rare find.
This delicious looking egg “Your Eggsellency” is by Hotel Chocolat and is a staple in Extra Thick Easter Eggs collection. The contrast in colour between the milk and dark chocolate shells is rather beautiful and really sets of the boozy chocolate truffles inside, which I haven’t even mentioned yet.
Hotel Chocolat’s Extra Thick Easter Eggs have shells which are up to three times thicker that standard chocolate eggs and the two egg shell halves are individually wrapped in foil with the sealed chocolates inside. For Easter 2014 the Extra Thick eggs have new boxes and the Your Eggsellency egg has new chocolate truffle flavours.
Twelve real cream ganaches truffles in six different boozy flavours;
- Champagne Chocolate Truffle: A soft white chocolate centre with a dash of real champagne a white chocolate shell.
- Gin Truffle: London dry gin ganache in a striped dark chocolate shell.
- Rum Truffle: Milk chocolate with rum; premium dark rum in creamy milk chocolate truffle.
- Mojito Cocktail: A white chocolate truffle with rum, mint and lime to recreate the classic cocktail in chocolate form.
- Ruby Port Truffle: Special reserve ruby port perfectly matched with deep, dark chocolate.
- Amaretto Amour Chocolate Truffle: Creamy truffle with a dash of amaretto and a sprinkle of crushed amaretti biscuit on the chocolate shell.
A chocolate Easter egg for adults with a 40% cocoa milk chocolate half and a 70% cocoa dark chocolate half, filled with twelve luxury alcohol infused chocolate truffles.
£28.00, 375g, chocolate truffle filled Easter egg.