Well technically it is Hotel Chocolat’s biggest Easter egg and it is one of two massive Ostrich Eggs, so it is in fact Hotel Chocolat’s biggest milk chocolate Easter egg. Either way it is huge!
Previously known as The Rocky Road to Caramellow Ostrich Egg and the giant MILK Ostrich egg, this year it is “The Classic Ostrich Easter Egg” and it is just as big and tempting.
One of the two extra large Easter eggs from the Hotel Chocolat Easter range, these immense Easter eggs, measure 285mm tall (that’s just under eleven inches, in old money) and are called Ostrich Easter eggs because they are about the size and weight of real Ostrich eggs!
The Classic Ostrich Easter Egg has two chunky chocolate shell halves, one made from 40% cocoa milk chocolate and the other 50% cocoa; the egg halves are then covered with more chocolate chunks, puffed rice crispies, cookie pieces and chunks of white chocolate, and the covered in more chocolate.
This big Easter egg also comes with a selection of twenty-seven chocolates inside the egg box; presented as a layer of chocolates, like you would get in a round chocolate box, in eleven different flavours.
- Eton Mess: creamy strawberry mousse topped with crisp meringue in high-cocoa white chocolate.
- Raspberry Smoothie: pressed raspberries blended with cream, sealed in milk chocolate.
- Salted Caramel Cream: caramel for grown-ups: creamed with a dash of salt, high-cocoa caramel cup.
- Cashew Nuts: 40% milk cashew praline and nibs, Guérande sea salt, caramel shell.
- Mousse au Chocolat: intense Ghana 85% truffle for a strong cocoa kick. Perfectly sealed in a 50% milk shell and dusted with cocoa powder.
- Caramel Cheesecake: thick caramel, white chocolate, yoghurt, mascarpone, cocoa biscuits, 40% milk shell.
- Billionaire’s Shortbread: soft caramel with crunchy cookies and smooth praline, millionaire’s shortbread in chocolate!
- Carrot Cake: pressed carrot, walnut praline, cinnamon, nutmeg, white chocolate, vanilla seeds, 40% milk shell.
- Dark Dizzy Praline: Hotel Chocolat’s smooth hazelnut praline in dark chocolate with a dizzy swirl decoration on top.
- Praline Crisp: Super-smooth hazelnut praline made crispy with a wave of crushed wafer, bringing hints of buttery caramel.
All of these chocolates are from Hotel Chocolat Selectors range, so if you have a favourite you can buy more.
Alongside the two giant egg halves and the selection of chocolates are six, gold foiled, mini eggs, bringing the weight of the egg up to very impressive 1.06kg.
Stylishly presented in a round hatbox style box, with a hand tied ribbon – this really is a chocolate Easter egg to excite.
£80.00, 1.06kg of luxury chocolates from Hotel Chocolat.