The biggest Easter egg for 2009! The massive Serious Dark Fix Ostrich Egg from Hotel Chocolat is just over 11inces tall (285mm) and roughly 1.5kg in weight.
Two thick shells made from 74% dark chocolate, covered in almond pieces and then coated again in even more chocolate – which gives mammoth shells a wonderful texture and a very gratifying crunch.
To accompany the giant egg is a selection of sixteen elegant truffles and chocolates including:
- Orange & Lemon Sandwich: Two smooth layers of hazelnut praline – one with Valencia orange oil, the other with essential oil of lemon.
- Blackcurrant & Champagne: Tangy blackcurrant compote in a light crème with a splash or two of Marc de Champagne.
- Gianduja Crest: An ultra smooth blend of milk and white chocolate and finely milled hazelnuts.
- Coffee Caramel: Caramel and white chocolate with finely milled hazelnuts and a dash of coffee.
- Caramel & Rum Truffle: Smooth chocolate with a generous splash of warming rum.
- Chunky Nut: A crunch-filled praline with roughly chopped hazelnuts, pistachios and almonds, topped with a whole hazelnut.
- Gin Truffle: Extremely soft chocolate and cream ganache with a good measure of Dutch courage.
- Macadamia Bite: Naturally creamy macadamia nut paste, topped with a whole macadamia.
Along with eight rather beautifully decorated mini eggs, decorated using natural colours that contrast exquisitely with the deep tones of the chocolate, each with a generous dash of alcohol: Whisky Caramel, Rum and Raisin Ganache, Pink Marc de Champagne Ganache and Grand Marnier with Vanilla.
AND as if that wasn’t enough, two of the famous Hotel Chocolat mini slabs, one each of the:
- Cherry Fusion: Cherry crisps blended with white chocolate then stirred with 74% dark chocolate.
- St Lucia Dark: dark chocolate cast in Hotel Chocolat’s special single origin St Lucia chocolate.
Even the box the egg is presented in is absolutely stunning, white and black with a very chic shade of purple. The shells are wrapped in silver foil, tied with a ribbon and rests in a nest of purple paper twists.
Filled to the brim with a selection of chocolates and slabs this extra large Easter egg is basically a hamper, with the shell as the edible basket.
£50.00 – Approximately 1.5kg of serious chocolate.
Labelled: Vegetarian and Gluten Free.
For those that are not dark chocolate lovers the other Ostrich sized Easter egg, the huge Rocky Road to Caramellow[/intlink], is mainly milk chocolate, it’s the same size but just a tiny bit lighter, so little difference you won’t even notice.